The annual Micky Edwards handicap series is for all members of Great Bentley Running Club.
It is a series of five 5km runs, with the first race being used to register benchmark times for all competitors. Times for the first race will be closely scrutinised and if necessary times will be adjusted – you know who you are!
Races are run over the club 5k championship course. Races 2 to 5 comprise the series and to qualify for the overall series standings, you need to run at least 3 races.
Slower runners are set off first, with the fastest going off last. Points are awarded in the order runners finish and at the end of the series the person with the most points wins.
Revised dates for the 2021 Micky Edwards series are as follows.
- Wednesday 21st July – Baseline race
- Wednesday 28th July – 1st handicap
- Wednesday 4th August – 2nd handicap
- Wednesday 11th August – 3rd handicap
- Wednesday 25th August – Final handicap