Great Bentley Trail Runs are held mainly on public footpaths, fields, woods and some roads. There are also trail runs for the kids, none of which will include roads or traffic. A huge amount of time and effort is taken up by Rodger Alexander, who meticulously plans all of the courses, spending hours ‘recceing’ to make sure all of his instructions are correct. He even provides the catering. What a guy!
Rules for the 2020 Trail Run Champs :-
Due to Covid-19, we have decided to run the GBRC 2020 Trail Run Champs as virtual events. There will be 4 rounds, over the next 4 months. They will all be appoximately 5 miles this year. This is what you need to do if you want to take part:
* You must do all 4 rounds to count towards the GBRC championship.
* You will have 1 calendar month to do each round. You can do your run at anytime during the month (i.e. the first round will be from 7 June – 6 July).
* Please follow the Government’s guidance on how many people should run together, ideally no more that 3 together at one time.
* The instructions for each round will be posted on the GBRC website the night before the start date.
* Please be aware that there will be no clipper points or water stations, so take plenty of water with you!
* There will be a free t-shirt for everyone who completes all 4 rounds and a winners t-shirt for the male champ and female champ.
* As there are no clipper points there will be a couple of questions on each run you will need to answer, so remember to take along a pen or pencil.
* AT START: when you’re ready to start running you need to text START along with your FULL NAME to Rodger’s phone.
* AT FINISH: when you’ve finished the run, text FINISH to Rodger, along with the following information:
~ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS
~GBRC MEMBER – YES OR NO
* If you have any questions, please ask.
The fourth and last trail starting on 7th September is from Stutton Community Hall, Manningtree Road, Stutton, Ipswich, IP9 2TA
R1 – 7 June to 6 July 2020 – Mistley- 4.5 miles
R2 – 7 July to 6 August – Dedham- 6.5 miles
R3 – 7 August to 6 September – Chelmondiston – 5 miles
R4 – 7 September to 6 October – Stutton – 6.5 miles
- 4 races through the year with all 4 to count
- everyone to score as individuals ( but can run together )
- scoring is , fastest time 100 pts second fastest time 99 pts and so on
- ladies and men champs
- each location tba the day before each race
- T-shirt for anyone completing all 4 trail runs
Tips for the Trail Runs :-
Do not follow runners in front of you– if they get lost you get lost!
If you do not like running on your own then try run in pairs–you can have one person reading the directions and the other looking for the landmarks. Any larger numbers and you can end up carrying passengers
Even if you know the area do not presume you know where to go–focus on the direction
Learn all the abbreviations before your run– this makes it a lot easier to read the directions and saves time
Fold the direction paperwork so you read one paragraph at a time–this is so you can see on you sheet exactly were you are. Each paragraph is approximately 1 mile.
Great Bentley Trail Runs – Previous year’s results