Great Bentley Half Marathon is back in 2022 – it will take place on the 6th February 2022 with a 10:30 start time.
The race in now full.
Transfers have now closed and the start list declared. Unfortunately we cannot accept any further requests for transfers under any circumstances.
Due to the lead times that are required by our partners sadly we can’t amend the final list that was created as per the 16 January cut off time.
We do not offer deferrals or refunds for injury or illness.
£20 – Member of UKA affiliated athletics club
£22 – Non-member of UKA affiliated athletics club
- Flat, fast course – View the route on Garmin Connect.
- UKA measured – 13.1 Miles
- Start time – 10:30 am
- Chip timing
- Minimum age 17 yrs
- Maximum 750 online entries
- No entry on the day
- Baggage storage
- Secure bike storage area
- First aid
- Marshalled course
- Water stations
- Cakes, sandwiches etc available
- Course NOT suitable for wheelchairs
- All participants take part at their own risk. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the event should seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event
- The course will begin to be dismantled 3 hours after the start of the race. Course directions will still be available and a ‘sweep’ cyclist will follow the last runner.
- You can transfer your place to another competitor free of charge by using your individual link on the bottom of your confirmation email. Once logged in you can transfer by clicking “transfer my registration to a friend” button.
- Closing date for change of details or transfer of race numbers is STRICTLY on Sunday 16th January 2022. Transfer requests received after this deadline will not be processed.
- We do not offer deferrals or refunds for injury or illness.
- Medal for all finishers
- Runners World top 50 2009
- Voted best Essex Race 2008
- No ipods or music devices to be worn during the race
The race starts near to Great Bentley Village Hall, CO7 8LD.
Map of course here
Please note there is no participant parking at the Village Hall. However, there is ample parking on the Village Green, which will be clearly signposted and marshalled.
All race numbers and timing chips are to be collected on the day between 09:00 -10:00 from the Village Hall.
If the race is cancelled for any reason which is deemed not to be the fault of Great Bentley Running Club it will not be possible to defer entry nor will any entry costs be refunded.
Male 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Ladies 1st, 2nd , 3rd
MV 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70+
FV 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65+
1st mens team prize
1st ladies team prize
Male: James Connor Kent AC 1:08:06 – 2010
Female: Helen Davies Ipswich Jaffa 1:12:49- 2019
Previous Years Results