Please note the wearing of IPODS or Personal music devices is prohibited during the race.
Chip timing provided by Races Online
Race Director: Russ Sharp
Assistant Race Director: Rodger Alexander
Start time – 19:30 hrs
- £12 – members of UKA affiliated athletics club
- £14 – non-members of UKA affiliated athletics club
- £14 – on the night entry fee – affiliated
- £16 – on the night entry fee – unaffiliated (Between 6-7 pm only if there are any spare places left after online entry closes)
The Race Limit is 500, on the night entry will only be available if spaces remain after the online entry. Closing date for the race and any change of details, race numbers or change of runner will be determined by Races Online.
- Flat, fast 5 mile course
- Chip Timing
- Minimum age 15 yrs
- UKA measured – 5 Miles
- Baggage storage
- First aid
- Marshalled course
- Water stations
- Refreshments available
- Course suitable for wheelchairs
- Momento for all finishers
- Ample free parking near village green
- All participants take part at their own risk. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the event should seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event
If the race is cancelled for any reason which is deemed not to be the fault of Great Bentley Running Club it will not be possible for any entry costs be refunded.
JUNIOR FUN RUN
To enter the Junior races click here
Start: 18:40 hrs (Prompt start required for logistical reasons) Entry fee: £3
On the night entry will be available. Please arrive in plenty of time to enter as race starts promptly at 18.40.
If not entering online, again to save time on the night, please print and complete the Junior fun run application form, which can be accessed here
We offer 2 junior races which will start together at 6.40pm
School year’s 4 and below – 1 km
School year’s 5 and above – 2 km
- Under 9 Boys & Girls (School Years 3 & 4) – Competitors who are aged 8 or under on 31st August prior to the commencement of the series
- Under 11 Boys & Girls (School Years 5 & 6) – Competitors who are aged 9 or 10 on 31st August prior to the commencement of the series
- Under 13 Boys & Girls (School Years 7 & 8) – Competitors who are aged 11 or 12 on 31st August prior to the commencement of the series
- Under 15 Boys & Girls (School Years 9 & 10) – Competitors who are aged 13 or 14 on 31st August prior to the commencement of the series
Prizes will be awarded for the first placed boy and girl in the following age groups – U5, U7, U9, U11, U13, U15 and there will be a memento for all runners.
All off road – one road is crossed for 2km race but road will be closed.
Held on Great Bentley Village Green (close to parking area)
No adult who wishes to run with their child needs to enter or pay
Payment and number collection will be on the village green (not the village hall)
Cost £3.00 for both races
- Memento for all finishers
- Safe off road course
- Water available
- Marshalled course
Previous Junior Race results
Previous Year’s Friday 5 Results