The date for our Half Marathon in 2016 is Sunday 7th February.
Online entry is now closed. Race full in less than 9 days!
£17 – Member of UKA affiliated athletics club
£19 – Non-member of UKA affiliated athletics club
- Flat, fast course – View the route on Garmin Connect.
- UKA measured – 13.1 Miles
- Start time – 10:30 am
- Minimum age 17 yrs
- Race entry limit – 850
- Maximum 800 online entries
- No entry on the day
- Baggage storage
- Secure bike storage area
- First aid
- Marshalled course
- Water stations
- Hot food and Refreshments available
- Voucher for free hot drink
- Course NOT suitable for wheelchairs
- All participants take part at their own risk. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the event should seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event
- The course will begin to be dismantled 3 hours after the start of the race. Course directions will still be available and a ‘sweep’ cyclist will follow the last runner.
- Closing date for change of details or transfer of race numbers is STRICTLY midnight on Sunday 17th January 2016
- Memento for all finishers
- Runners World top 50 2009
- Voted best Essex Race 2008
- No ipods or music devices to be worn during the race
The race starts near to Great Bentley Village Hall, CO7 8LD.
Map of course here
Please note there is no participant parking at the Village Hall. However, there is ample parking on the Village Green, which will be clearly signposted and marshalled.
All race numbers and timing chips are to be collected on the day between 09:00 -10:00 from the Village Hall.
If the race is cancelled for any reason which is deemed not to be the fault of Great Bentley Running Club it will not be possible to defer entry nor will any entry costs be refunded.
Male 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Ladies 1st, 2nd , 3rd
MV 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70+
FV 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65+
1st mens team prize (1st 3 runners to finish NOT accumulated positions score)
1st ladies team prize (1st 3 runners to finish NOT accumulated positions score)
Male: James Connor Kent AC 1:08:06 2010
Female: Sarah Stradling Colchester Harriers 1:16:26 2010
Previous Years Results